Proven track record as a results-oriented leader, with over 30 years of leadership. Expertise and skills in operational analysis, including financial, service, health and safety, quality assessments and controls.
Specializing in leadership development strategies for bushiness services.
Diversity & Inclusion Strategist
Accomplished writer with numerous published articles on inspirational leadership.
Actively involved in; Diversity and Inclusion, Trauma informed care, Public Speaking, Mentor-ship, and Coaching.
Published book author.
Avid Musician. http://www.fossilcreekbluegrass.com/
"Youth with Vision" was founded by Gil Evans to assist people that need help in their life's path through inspirational guidance.
We are all put on this earth for a short amount of time. It is our mission to find what our purpose is and do the best we can filling this purpose.
Youth with vision isn't about young people, we are all young in spirit.
What do you like most about your profession?
The ability to help others realize their dreams.
What are 3 attributes you need to be successful in your industry?
Passion, The appreciation to mentor and develop people, Strong customer relations skills
What are the most important things to consider when hiring a service provider in your field?
Are you ready for change and some one to be totally honest with you?
How are you different than others in your profession?
I am different because I spend the time to develop not only myself as a leader I develop my people as well in hopes it will allow them reach their full potential. Sadly there are quite a few people that are in roles just for a paycheck. They go to work because they have to. I go to work because I get to. My vision is to help others I come in contact get what they want out of life. My return are inspired people fulfilling their dreams.
What are your biggest professional influences (books, mentors, events)?
My biggest influences has been Bob Goshen a true leader, speaker and all around amazing person. His book Layer Leadership is a must read which can be purchased at Amazon.
How do you typically handle disagreements with clients?
Listen to them. understand where they are coming from and accept the idea that I may have been wrong. Fix the issue.
Describe your proudest professional accomplishment.
Took two poor performing stores for a nation chain and brought them to top performers of the company. One rank the top position.
Director of Food and Nutrition at Compass Group
January 2014 - Present
Founder at Youth With Vision
July 2013 - Present
"Youth With Vision" was founded by Chef Gil Evans to help young adults that need help in their life's path through mentoring. We will tour schools, churches, and other venues to give our stories to show you can do anything you want in life if you set your mind to it. If you are lost, there is help out there.
This fall I will be putting on a 3 day retreat for those who want to find direction to make changes in life with sound decisions. Included in these 3 days is my good friend Roy Juarez Jr.
Senior Manager at Apple Sauce Inc
February 2012 - February 2014
Applebee's E. Alexisl Rd.
▪ Consistently maintaining restaurant cost controls below company guidelines.
▪ Increased sales by 7% over prior year.
▪ Brought separate two locations from bottom performers to both top performers in both financial and guest satisfaction
▪ Guest interaction and satisfaction standards. We have been in the top 10 performers for GEM score or guest service reviews for Applebee’s for 6 months consistently. August we were rank number one in the company this was the first time a Toledo store ever made the number one spot.
▪ Develop and coach all managers and employees to maximize performance levels and retention.
▪ Adept management, including employee management, payroll, ordering, financial reports and vendor relations.
▪ Inducted and graduated to Applebee’s High Potential (HIPO) Development Group which usually takes 3 years of employment to qualify.
Managing Partner/Executive Chef at Pasta Fina Restaurant
January 2003 - March 2012
Consistently maintain 27% food cost, with total purchases of 21%
Regularly sustain 74% profit margin for restaurant
Design and maintain company website/social media presence
Created and designed original concept of casual Italian
restaurant, including menu and operations guide
Adept in kitchen management, including employee
management, payroll and financial reports and vendor relations
Managing Partner at Jen-Gil Management Services, Inc.
April 1998 - January 2007
▪ Managed 6 locations through out the Toledo area, with sales in excess of $3,500,000.00.
▪ Reviewed budget guidelines with location managers and chefs weekly to ensure they meet our budgeted financial targets.
▪ Business expansion through customer cold calls. Created individual marketing and sales presentations covering proformas, all food service programs that would be provided to client, including POS material.
▪ Continued client relationships through monthly meetings and frequent visit to ensure we meet their needs and discuss new programs we would implement.
▪ Developed of recipe and operations manuals for corporate dining.
▪ Responsible for sales and marketing including evaluation of new accounts setting service opportunities and proforma budget guidelines.
▪ Increased sales 13%, with a 3% positive impact to bottom line
▪ Hired, trained, managed and disciplined catering staff.
▪ Successfully maintained customer satisfaction by creating dependably delicious cuisine for employees while maintaining acceptable food costs.
General Manager / Corporate Executive Chef at Sanese Services
March 1992 - September 1998
▪ General Manager of Food Service for Honda of America over- seeing 13 café’s 60 managers/supervisors and over 300 hourly employees throughout Ohio feeding 12,000 guest daily with annual sales of $14,000,000.00
▪ Improved bottom line from a major loss to break even point by improving implementing inventory ordering and production systems and the development of a managers and employees.
▪ Location Manager ,Ohio State University. Responsible for all foodservice locations. Developed new foodservice concepts, menus, and recipes for all foodservice outlets. Oversaw all VIP catered events.
▪ Oversaw corporate food service, managed staff and developed corporate training manuals.
▪ Prepared sales presentations, including proformas for new businesses. Presented sales presentations and new service implementations for new and current clientele.
General Manager/Corporate Executive Chef at Sanese Services
January 1992 - January 1998
Oversaw corporate food service, managed staff and developed
corporate training manuals
Prepared sales presentations, including proformas for new
Authored a 600-recipe manual for Sanese Services, including
a wellness program
Sales and Catering at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo, Ohio
January 1989 - January 1992
Managed event centers The Hilton of Toledo and Woodfield Hilton and Towers in Chicago.
Overseeing Catering events for the Medical College Campus and the Hilton and the Dane Centre in Toledo, and all catering events at the Woodfield Hilton and Towers in Chicago. With multiple upscale event of 1500 people.
Degree: Business management
Field of Study: General
Authority: Aveta Business Institute
Start Date: Oct 01, 2012
Certified ServSafe® Instructor and Registered ServSafe Examination Proctor f
Authority: National Restaurant Association
Start Date: Aug 01, 2012
End Date: Aug 01, 2017
Eliminating limitations that disable our abilities. By Gil Evans
Date: Sep 14, 2015